At the end of the High Point Market this past April, Furniture Today released an article explaining that retail buyers were simply too busy to attend the market. The article – which used results from a telemarketing survey directed at buyers in the home furnishings industry – said that 38 percent of the buyers contacted marked “Too Busy” as their reason for not attending High Point in 2014.
But there is a solution for businesses that want to attend a market, but can’t risk a downward spiral in business. The answer is a responsive B2B website that not only provides accessibility on desktops, but on mobile devices as well.
Furniture manufacturers completely overlook the power of mobile, despite that many buyers are on their smartphones daily. With a powerhouse mobile B2B website, businesses can direct their customers to products, comparison sheets, and customer service. A good UI and UX are key to retaining customers not just in-store, but anywhere in the world. Business owners who take advantage of a good mobile website need not worry about keeping their shop open. Their customers can order products and keep revenue high no matter where they are!
But are there facts to back this up? Certainly! Consider this:
- Of businesses buyers who shop online, 58.5 percent said they have made a purchase of $5,000 or more online.
Of that group:
- 8.7 percent said that they spend 90 percent or more of their annual budgets online
- 31.9 percent said they spend 50 to 89 percent of their budgets online
- 30.9 percent said they spend 11 to 49 percent of their budgets online
This means that seven out of ten B2B consumers are spending more than ten percent of their annual spending budgets online, either through their mobile or desktop website. But why should you choose mobile over desktop? The facts are clear:
- When users visit a mobile-optimized site, about 3 out of 4 are more likely to return
- When reminded about sales and products through mobile notifications, 67 percent are more likely to buy products and services
- Mobile traffic is up between 10 and 20 percent on all B2B websites
To see a simplified navigation look, click the following links on your mobile phone.
These stats prove that not only does a website do a business good, but that mobile websites open up revenue-generating possibilities all around the world. The JOLA team strives to create accessible and beautiful mobile websites to benefit businesses in the home furnishings industry. If you’d like to attend a market and keep your business running at the same time, visit JOLA online to see their portfolio of websites for desktop and mobile.